Tuesday, January 15, 2013

and so it begins...

Hi! My name is Alex Djaha and I have lived in New York my entire life. I was born in Manhattan and later moved to Chappaqua in Westchester County, NY. I am 20 years old and double major in Political Science and Middle Eastern and Islamic Civilization Studies at Colgate University in Hamilton, NY. 

My view from my office building in Lower Manhattan

When people ask me about studying abroad in Morocco, I usually tell them that I view it as "a four month adventure." I hope to take advantage of every opportunity I have to embrace a new culture, become part of a new family, and live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. I want to try new foods, learn new customs, and speak a new language (as best I can, insh'allah) --- by taking these risks, my adventure will truly be unforgettable. 

I have started this blog because non-academic writing is something I've never explored before, and I see this as an adventure or journey as well. I will be updating this frequently with pictures, stories, and travel summaries throughout my entire time abroad! I plan to use it as a travel journey/itinerary to share with friends and family, while hopefully intertwining my cultural observations from a personal perspective. 

I am truly excited to begin my journey in Morocco, and I am so glad you decided to tag long as well. 


Check back soon for travel preparations, packing issues (I like to make lists), and preliminary program information about my SIT study abroad program.


10 days until I leave for Rabat....


No comments:

Post a Comment