Thursday, March 7, 2013

Assidaqee Magribeen

Having two brothers in high school is great because I am able to hang out with their friends on a daily basis. Whether playing Fifa in the medina, watching soccer matches, playing pick-up games on the beach, or just enjoying the view from Oudayya Terrace, there is always something to do. They really enjoy hanging out with me and my friends as well. 

Upon reflecting, it becomes clear how "cross-cultural" the homestay program is for so many people in the medina. They ask me about life in the United States, what American college is like, and so many other questions they have had for years about American culture, music, film and daily life, as they never had the chance to form personal relationships with an American before!


Me with Omar and his friends, Khaled and Amid, at my birthday party

No comments:

Post a Comment