Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hanan (The Compassionate One)


Some of my best memories of my time in Morocco were shared with my girlfriend, Hannah. Hannah had studied abroad in Rabat 3 years ago and was called “Hanan” by Moroccans, or "the compassionate one". She was part of the reason (a large part) that I chose to study abroad in Morocco because of the rich and beautiful stories and memories she experienced here. 

Hannah arrived in Rabat on Friday, April 5 and we stayed the weekend at my host family’s house. My brothers absolutely loved her and she loved them, as did Bouchra, as was proven by their 4 hour hammam experience together. We bought jellabas with my host father and spent time with my brothers the whole weekend.

After Rabat, we travelled north to the Rif Mountains to Chefchaouen, Tangier and Assilah, a gorgeous gem of a medina right on the Atlantic coast. 

The best part about having Hannah here was that we were able to share our love for Morocco. She had loved it for three years, and I was enthralled from the moment I got here. Together in Morocco, we decided that there is no other place in the world that we ever need to visit. 


Love you, Han...next year insha'allah.

Rabat

Chefchaouen

Tangier

Assilah


1 comment:

  1. Ali ("the exalted one"), you said it perfectly. I had the best time - at home - in Morocco with you.

    Next year, insha'allah.

    ReplyDelete